Do you find personal reward in assisting patients with daily activities? Are you a patient, kind and loving CNA with pediatric experience? Are you able to go into a home to care for a patient, interacting with his/her family without being judgmental?
The qualified candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate pediatric experience and empathy in administering care to DCS families with medically complex children in the home environment.
CNA JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesse patient condition by monitoring vital signs; recording intake and output; reviewing patient care journal; keeping family informed.
- Administer treatments by dispensing medications; changing bandages; administering oxygen; maintaining oxygen supply and equipment.
- Record patient information by making entries in the patient journal; notifying Circle Up Health Services supervisor of changing or unusual conditions.
- Help family members/guardians care for the patient by introducing and teaching appropriate ways to lift, turn, and re-position the patient; identify and report needs for further advocacy.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy patient environment by following asepsis standards and procedures; changing linens, dusting, vacuuming; maintaining kitchen and bathroom facilities, handling personal laundry; maintaining security.
- Provide nutritious meals while educating the family member/guardian on how to do so, by following prescribed dietary requirements and nutrition standards; preparing, cooking, and serving meals and snacks.
- Maintain continuity of patient home care by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs in the patient journal for the next caregiver. Detail orientation is an absolute must.
- Update job knowledge and maintain certified nursing assistant status by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; fulfilling continuing education requirements and attending any mandatory meetings held by Circle Up Health Services.
- Protect Circle Up Health Services by adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhance the reputation of Circle Up Health Services and its entire team by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
CNA SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Able to work independently and make effective decisions confidently.
- Able to identify hindrances to creating a safe and effective environment for the child and reporting immediate concerns to direct supervisor.
- Able to provide detail oriented case notes for every visit.
- Able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a demonstrated record of punctuality and dependability.
- Must be able to pass a stringent background check and submit to a drug screen.
- Must be a licensed and insured driver.